Thursday, January 13, 2011

Introduction

So this is me. Tari. An Interior Design Student at USU. I'm in the Sales and Marketing track of our program and  I love it. I will be graduating this coming Fall Semester - so I am looking forward to that! I am taking some wonderful classes this semester including a Sustainability class that is preparing us to take the LEED GA exam, Intro into Marketing, and Business Practices in Interior Design. I think this is going to be a wonderful semester, as the classes I am taking have potential to effect my expectations and experiences in the 'real world' ie. after graduation.

Today in my Business Practices in Interior Design class, we all shared design blogs that inspire us. That inspired me to make my own design blog. I figured why not? I am unique and have a passion for design. Even if no one else but myself reads this blog, I will have a record of things that inspire me and make me happy.

One thing to know about me: I LOVE good quotes. With all this talk of inspiration, it reminded me of this one:

"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."
 - Johann Gottfried Von Herder

So that is my reasoning behind this blog. The url of the blog is Anchalee Design - Anchalee is my middle name. It is Thai and means "She who is polite and has charity". Something I aspire to, living up to my name. My first name is Tari. When I was a child, we found a name place in the mall that would find the root of your name and tell you what it meant etc. - they told me "Tari" had a sanskrit origin and meant 'Faithful one' - another name I have tried to live up to. It wasn't until I served a religious mission over in Malaysia and Singapore that I found another meaning to my name. Tari in Bahasa Melayu (Malay) means "To Dance". Dancing is a hobby of mine, I love it! Speaking of Malay, the title of this blog is: Design Melalui MataKu... we all know what Design means, and 'Melalui Mataku' means 'Through my eyes' in Malay. I learned to read, write and speak Malay while I was in Malaysia, and am I trying to keep it up so I don't forget it. I think it is such a beautiful language - from a wonderful place full of amazing people.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment