Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 5 :Day 1 and Day 2


It felt like forever since I had spent a whole day in the showroom yesterday. Last week was so crazy! Colonial Court is so close to being finished! The blinds went up yesterday and we got the clocks from IMAX today... now if only our art would get here then we could hang it and put out all the accessories!

Today was fine. Although I nearly sprained my ankle while taking a piece of art off the wall. Totally lost my balance and rolled my ankle. You'll be glad to know that I survived. The piece was from Art in Motion so I am in the process of locating their catalog and seeing if those pieces are still available. I was on the phone with Butler today. Just making sure that we actually have preferred dealer pricing and to find out the specifics on our credit with them. They have some awesome pieces of furniture. So does Coast to Coast! I started dreaming about my dream home today. :) Other events from today: made lots of phone calls. Placed a fabric order, looked through the new rug and art catalogs we got, and sold three pieces of art! Yay for commission! Then I shuffled some other art around to make the holes not so noticeable. Can't wait until our GiftCraft order come so I can rearrange things. I am enjoying that part. My Boss and I have quite different tastes but most arrangements I do she keeps. Speaking of arrangements - she really liked the foliage arrangement I did above the door. I am so glad - I still have the scabs to prove I did it!

Lots of coming and goings the last couple of days. My boss had a couple clients come into the showroom to meet with her and pick fabric etc. I am trying to get familiar with furniture and the different manufacturers styles etc. Commercial is still more my thing, but there's tons to learn about residential here.

Good news! Tomorrow I am going with my Boss to the Parade of Homes House! We are going to check out the new house, then go take an inventory of pieces that the builder wants to use from previous projects in the new home. Should be interesting. The house is in Farmington. I know the exit and right where to turn because back around Thanksgiving, my car got a flat tire and that is the exit where I pulled off and got help to change my tire!

No comments:

Post a Comment