Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 5 roundup (days 4 and 5)

We got the art for Colonial Court. That was the main excitement. There we 14 pieces plus the mirror we already had at the showroom. Thursday night I took 5 pieces down to Ogden in my car, plus the rest of the clocks and two more lamp shades. I am a master packer.

Friday was great! We started at 9 at Colonial Court to hang the art and place accessories. It was fun to run around and place things... then the designer would change her mind and we would switch things around a bit. I think the best part was that my cousin was visiting and she came to help us. We finished everything then went to lunch and were done for the day!

Everything looks great but they changed their minds about the layout a little bit. They were supposed to put a pool table in the social room, but they think it looks too nice so they want to keep the pool table in the game room now. So that means probably ordering a couple of tables and chairs to fill the space. Everything is looking really good and most people who walked through complimented us on how great everything looked. : )

Back to Thursday - it was a pretty low key day. My boss had a couple of clients come in to choose material, so I got to put all the catalogs and material books away. My Boss and I did a walk through the showroom and talked about everything that we are going to use for the Parade of Homes. It was my idea to use the tall red-orange chairs and I picked the comforter set for the bed. So things evolved from there - can't wait to see how everything comes together!

Another highlight or at least event on Thursday was we had our yearly 'Fire Safety Inspection'. I was sitting at the front desk then I looked up to see three firefighters stroll in. It was very unexpected! There were a couple of things that we will need to get fixed of course. They were really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment