Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 6: Day 2

Today was a busy day. I spent the morning going over a couple of e-mails from my Boss's client in Boston. She wants her to help with a living room space. Over the space of a couple of e-mails there were pictures of what is there, what she is interested in, and a bunch of questions. So I read over everything and complied what exactly she is looking for.

I also found a delivery service in NV that would be able to accept a delivery of furniture and then deliver it to the residence of another of my Boss's client's in Hendersen, NV.

The main thing that happened today was that the new intern came in. She starts next week, but my Boss wanted her to come in and see everything and have me brief her on what I have been up to, where everything is, what exactly she will be doing. I think my Boss did a better job of explaining things to her than to me when I first started, but nevermind. It was really fun to show her around and explain everything. Just goes to show how much I have learned the past 6 weeks. The new intern is awesome. She is going to a 6 year Interior Architecture Program in So Cal. It sounds amazing. Her only complaint was that it wasn't 'real world' enough for her. No business classes or anything unless you minor in Entrepreneurship or something. So she was looking forward to getting familiar with the materials, and have some interaction with clients. I will get to see her again next week at the Parade of Homes house.

Speaking of Parade of Homes - our GiftCraft order had a couple of pieces back ordered so we might not get the shipment in time. Awesome... not. The Linen Source order should have been sent out today - cross our fingers on that one.

Other joys of ordering things... I placed an order for blinds a couple weeks ago - which was supposed to be shipped on the 7th... yeah still not shipped. Apparently they were waiting for some of the blinds... now the shipping date is tentatively the 16th. *Fingers Crossed* Thankfully they aren't being installed until the 25th so there is some leeway there thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment