Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Week 1: Day 2
Today was pretty different from yesterday. There were periods of craziness when the phone was ringing off the hook, and then a couple stretches of down time.
I started off the day by following my Boss down to the Materials Library and Remnants Room and made a mental list of all the things that needed to be done before this weekend. The list was more for the high school intern who came in today. She is a darlin'. I would have talked to her more but our boss left for an install and I needed to be at the front desk. I didn't decide that I was interested in Interior Design until the end of my junior year/beginning of my senior year in high school.. and even then I didn't have a clue as to what Interior Design really was. So another one of my responsibilities will be supervising the high school interns (we have two, and they come in on alternating days)
Some of today's activities included making a bed in the showroom, researching Cox swivel barstools and getting in touch with the Sales rep - who just happens to be coming in tomorrow morning. (Crazy coincidence because we haven't ordered any furniture from that line for over a year).. all this came about because I answered the phone yesterday after we were technically closed last night. A potential client will be coming in tomorrow to look at fabrics and pick which stools she wants. Awesome!
We had 9 sofas delivered today. They were delivered in boxes and went straight into the storage so I will look forward to seeing them. I think they are for a condo project but I don't remember.
I also spent another chunk of time looking for a replacement wall paper. The client came in today to look at the one I found yesterday and thinks that it is too yellow for the space. So I became acquainted Seabrook Wallpaper. They have several patterns that are pretty close to the original discontinued pattern, so hopefully the client will like them.
I spent some more time getting acquainted with HunterDouglas blinds and even managed to place an order for some Salt City Candle Co. candles that we will be stocking soon. :)
Tomorrow should be busy - we have the sales rep coming, at least one potential client; I should meet one of the designers and the other high school intern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment