So today my brother and I were at Rice&Strand by 8:30. We loaded up my car with accessories and the Unique Deliveries came and loaded up the vans, then we met them in Ogden and then the fun began...
 |
| Colonial Court |
We had to park on the street (including the delivery vans... so we got to carry everything all the way up to the entrance...
 |
| Me by the sign... I felt a little silly taking the picture |
The sofas and the desk boxes were too big to get through the doors so I got to go to town with the Stanley Knife (which I bought during Tiny House Model making) and open everything. It was crazy getting everything in there and then making sure the coasters were still on the bottom of the chairs etc. We had to take the stretchers off the game tables so they could fit through the doors so we got to take those off and put them back on. The trees were delivered too, it was fun to see everything that there was all together.
 |
| Lounge/Game room ... it was empty when we got there |
I should have taken pictures of the crazy cardboard and packing material mess that was by the front door... which we then had to drag to the road and load up in the delivery van... not so glamorous.
Today was super tiring... a very 'behind the scenes' of Interior Design for sure. -We did what needed to be done... and we will be back there first thing tomorrow morning to make sure everything is put together and then get everything in the right places. Of course the art will ship tomorrow so that will have to wait but most things are there and ready to be arranged. Super excited to see everything come together but I know it is going to be a crazy couple of hours to make it happen.
On a side note...Colonial Court is just west of the Ogden Temple. They have fences with greenery woven in to block the view of the construction there. It looks like they are demolishing the parking structure right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment