This morning we got off to a running start. My Boss had a client coming in to choose art and lamps for a family home up in Huntsville. We looked through IMAX Corp. and Lite Source mainly for ideas. We also discovered how awesome Kalalou is. They didn't have any art in the catalog but they have some really awesome accessories! They even have lots of repurposed things and even some salvaged teak turned into tables and things. I was impressed.
I got to call up the delivery company and check on a delivery we have coming - it'll be here by Thurs. or Friday. That is going to be pretty intense as it is a large delivery.. and all of it is going to Colonial Court eventually... I hope there is enough room in the storage or I don't know what we are going to do!
We had a Sherwin-Williams Rep drop by today and let us know about two demonstration/seminars coming up. And the good news is ... I get to go! This Wednesday I'm heading down to Midvale to see a demo on Decorative Concrete.. and then next week I'll be heading down to a new restaurant in Draper to see different Faux Finishes. Should be interesting!
I met Milt Neeley from Metal Creations Inc today. He came by and left his card. He does decorative steel - as art or back splashes or just decorative elements. I will have to check out his website later.
We got the Cox updated price lists and the demo samples that I ordered from Seabrook Wallcoverings. I also followed up with our new installer in St.George and they are going to the house to measure all the windows tomorrow. Hopefully they remember to fax us the measurements asap so we can order all the blinds.... apparently the kind our client wants has a 3 week lead time.
So all in all it was a good day. This internship is pretty different from last summer when I was at the VA in SLC.. but I think it will be a good experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment