Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 1 wrap up

I was doing so well at keeping up with this.. and then one night blogger was down. Then I spent all of Friday night studying for the LEED GA exam. Anyway here's a brief summary of the end of last week:

Thursday morning was really great. We got a call which my Boss answered and then passed on to me. It was a lady interested in going back to school for interior design and was asking about programs in Utah. So I got to tell her all about USU's program. It was really fun. I think we talked for at least half an hour. I got to tell her all about the classes, some of the requirements, and how well our students do in national competitions.

That afternoon one of the high school interns and I got to open up some boxes that were delivered from Gift Craft. They are some accessories for the Colonial Creek job. I am super excited about that install at the end of the month.

Other tasks for the day were to find a blinds installer in St. George and the lady interested in the Cox stools came in, so I got to help one of our designers find everything we had to help her. Some time my boss wants me to change the foliage above the door. Right now there are still autumn leaves in the branches.. I would take those out and put the new pieces in .... however I can't just yet.... a house sparrow decided to build it's nest in it. I was telling the designer about it and she wanted to see if there were babies in the nest as I had mentioned that we saw an egg shell on the ground the other day. So we grabbed a stool and tried to take a peek. We couldn't get a good view because it was pretty close to the ceiling. I was undeterred, and just happened to have a hand mirror in my purse, so we climbed back up there and sure enough there are three fuzzy baby birds in the nest. :) Other highlight of the day - it was super hot in the showroom so the Designer brought us back slurpees. Yum! (Mine was pina colada)

Friday was a little crazy.
The phone was ringing off the hook in the morning. Plus my boss had a client come in to choose fabric for her new window treatment. Then at the same time we had a lady come in and look around. She was interested in some stools we had on the floor. Of course they were already sold and I didn't know anything about that certain line. So I got to learn about SitCom furniture that day. It was a little bit of a challenge because as it turns out the stool she wanted are now discontinued. That was too bad, but I was able to figure out who our Rep. is and they sent me a file with pictures of all the furniture SitCom carries. My favorite part was that as I was getting familiar with the company, I realized that I had used several pieces in a hand rendering last year in graphics. Small world.
Another task for the day were to relabel all of the area rugs in the showroom. They are all on sale because they have been on the floor for a few months and we'd like to sell them so we can get new ones :)

I was able to leave an hour early. That was nice, it had been a long week. I spent most of the night preparing for the LEED GA exam.


Saturday I woke up and studying for a while and then grabbed a Jamba Juice (Peanut Butter Moo'd) on my way to Salt Lake. Of course there was an event at the Hall on President's Circle so I parked down by the Pi and walked up. It was really weird trying to get to the testing lab. Only the front door of the building was unlocked... I may or may not have tried several other doors around the building before I came to that conclusion.... then I had to go up to the 4th floor to find the computer lab. The test was pretty hard but I passed! I was super excited and celebrated by going to the London Market (east of Trolley Square). Such a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment