| The tables we put together today - notice the dolly and more boxes that I hauled up the driveway |
You know the old adage that says do something every day that scares you, or learn something new every day or try something new every day... well today for the first time in my life I . . . jumped in a dumpster. Okay let me explain... it wasn't a real dumpster as it is a 'cardboard only' bin. Naturally when we put together the furniture we have to put the packaging somewhere. Unfortunately the real dumpster is full, and I really needed to get at least the boxes taken care of. Our 'cardboard only' was getting full so there was no way around it - I had to jump in and crush it down so I could get more boxes in. I did that twice today. Oh yeah, I am living on the edge : p All the styrofoam is getting piled up on the sides of the warehouse. So that makes it a fun game to try and move around in there too!
Another exciting event today was that our Kalalou order came! They have some very interesting products. My favorites are the objects made out of recycled glass. Here's a picture of most what came today:
| I love the bright colors of Kalalou products! (notice the boxes in the back ground - yes they were all flattened by yours truly and taken to the 'Cardboard Only' dumpster) |
The floral candle holders are made of concrete, the penguins are carved wood and the interesting tall objects can be vases or flip them over and voila you have a candle holder! Other highlights from today were: hearing back from out new rep for Lorts. She is going to get the prices I needed for me. :) Also I used the credit card machine twice today! I was on my own the last little bit and I closed everything up today. Here was my view from the front desk... as much as I love summer - road works can be soo annoying!
| Construction across the street |
As I was pushing another load of boxes up the driveway (I will have to take a picture of it so you can see how steep it is!) I was thinking about the objectives of the internship and what I was learning. Then it just kind of hit me that I was grateful for the experience and really I was there to 'do what needed to be done'. So that is my new motto: Do what needs to be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment